The Stack Overflow for Teams Slack integration can be installed directly from the Slack App Directory. To start, visit the Teams Slack app directory page here.
If your Slack Workspace admin has already approved the Stack Overflow for Teams app, or if your Slack Workspace doesn't restrict new apps:
- Click on the green "Visit Site to Install" button.
- On the following page, you can select the Team(s) you want to add the integration to.
- If you are not an admin of a Team, you can request installation, which will send a message to your Team admins to approve the integration.
- If you are an admin, click the 'Add to Slack' button.
- Click 'Continue' to approve the Teams app.
- Click 'Install' to grant permissions for the integration to work within your Slack Workspace. (We recommend allowing the integration for 'All Public Channels')
If your Slack Workspace admin hasn't already approved the Stack Overflow for Teams app:
- Click the 'Request to Install' button to send a request to your Workspace admins to approve the app.
- Once approved, you'll receive a Slack message from Slackbot with details of the approval.
- Follow the instructions in the section above to continue installation.